Blessed

Saturday, November 1, 2008

We Busted Her Out...

As many of you know Super Dad's Mom lives with us and that we have been caregivers to her for about two 1/2 years. The last four months has been full time caregiving. As the months slowly pass for her, it has been hard to watch her have to give up little by little. Within the last two weeks she has had to give up most solid foods because her body will not process it and it is getting backed up and causing LOTS of pain.

After a long week of cravings. Bay wanted to have an evening out with the boys. So we ventured out to dinner. We Busted Her Out…On Thursday evening.

Bay, dressed up (She looked beautiful with her hair pulled up and little wisps of hair dangling.) Super Dad was unable to go because he had to work, but she was able to have a lovely dinner with the boys and me.

We brought her home and tucked her in bed. She slept well till about 3ish Friday and then started to feel a little pain so took some meds and about 4ish really started to feel pain (But did not wake me up, because she was trying to take all the steps to try to relieve herself first) I woke up at 5ish and peaked my head in to check on her and her pain was OUT of control and Hospice was alerted. After me going around with them for about 2 ½ hours they finally set up a bed for her at the Hospice Center for me to bring her in to help get things under control. We (Bay and I) thought we would only be going in for a few hours. After a lot of questions and many hours of NO answers we finally had someone that would let us know what was going on. When we went in we were told they were going to put a morphine drip in her arm, because her body is not absorbing it the other way. So we thought, well then in a few hours we would be taking her home. But NOPE, after waiting from 9 in morning they FINALLY put the Morphine in about 5:30 in evening. (She did have liquid Morphine before that so she was not in the pain she had been in.) I had been HOUNDING them all day for what the plan was, I did not want Bay to be in pain and I wanted to ease Bay’s anxiety. SO, at 5:30 we were finally told that she was not going to be coming home last night and that when she came in morning that should have been explained to us. UGHHHHHHHH!!!!

It was not the going out that caused it but what was consumed. We do not feel that Thursday night was not all to blame for this at this point, because two weeks ago something similar happened. Hence the reason she went to toast, soup, sherbet and an occasional chocolate (She is just like her son when it comes to Chocolate). Even with that she was having issues and this would have sooner or later been the issue. So when asked if she would do it again she said “YES”. The memory she has of last night was well worth the price paid. It was a really nice evening, but we will not be doing that again. I can not stand watching someone go through so much pain and not be able to help them.

So she is still at the Hospice Center tonight because they messed up with her pain meds and they require her to stay there till she has been observed for 24 consistent hours. So we were back and forth today.

Out of all of this there is a sweet lining. We have now been bumped up to a rating of 5 stars for the care we have been giving her. "Yahoo"

I have been praying a lot to have the strength, compassion and love to be able to care for her, because it has not always been an easy road for her and I. But the last few days I have been overwhelmed with the love I have felt. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and knows our needs and is always there.

Well, I better get to bed. I just wanted to let you all know what has been going on in our world.

Love. Brighteyes, Super Dad and "The Boys"

No comments: