Yesterday a friend of mine said this to me: There are so many lessons to learn in life and the Lord has some interesting ways of teaching us, doesn’t he?Funny thing is when this e-mail came in; I was being greeted by a five year old setting up the game of life on my bedroom floor. He was not going to take “No” for an answer. We were going to play the game of life no matter what. As I am playing the game I had so many thoughts going through my head about life.
How many things happen that are out of our control. So I come back to the question: How am I going to handle it? Sometimes I don’t feel that I am handling it very well and I am failing this life test miserably.
I did lose at the game of life, but only because I was playing by a five yr olds rules. In this life, my life who’s rules am I playing by? Mine or My Heavenly Fathers? Life is painful and we all struggle and have disappointments, sadness. What am I learning from these lessons? The lessons of life are continual, they will never end. I need to take the time to enjoy when a little Chatterbox comes in and demands a game of life. Because it is going to happen whether I like it or not, right? It is how I handle it I can stop and enjoy it or make it as miserable as possible. Hmm! Not as easy as said than done.
I did lose at the game of life, but only because I was playing by a five yr olds rules. In this life, my life who’s rules am I playing by? Mine or My Heavenly Fathers? Life is painful and we all struggle and have disappointments, sadness. What am I learning from these lessons? The lessons of life are continual, they will never end. I need to take the time to enjoy when a little Chatterbox comes in and demands a game of life. Because it is going to happen whether I like it or not, right? It is how I handle it I can stop and enjoy it or make it as miserable as possible. Hmm! Not as easy as said than done.
Right now I am just trying to make it day to day, but I do see the importance in putting it in the Lord’s hand and allowing him to take over. (Another thing that my friend had said she was learning) Hmm! You think I have a control issue? YES!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment