Our Family Calendar since January: (Long, but please keep reading there is a point to my madness)
January:
Found out that Super Dad’s schooling was going to be extended by 3-4 more classes. The college decided they were no longer going to except a few D’s he received 19 years ago when he began the journey. (BUMMER!!!! Kid’s do your homework! )
February:
We decided we needed to move to a house that could accommodate our family and Super Dad’s Mom a little better. So we Moved… in the middle of the month.
I had surgery at the end of the month.
March:
I was recovering and we all sat in a house with boxes everywhere.
April:
Was unpacking and Dr.s appointments
May:
More unpacking, (Bright Moment Brighteye’s and Super Dad’s mom went to a cabin to stay for a little get away for Mother’s day present)
Mother’s day found out someone had stolen identity. The very next day we found out that the house we were living in was being foreclosed on. Landlord forgot to tell us, when he let us move in three months earlier. Then told us it was all being taken care of and not to worry.
June:
Put the last picture on the wall and the next day found out the house was going to go to auction in September.
Sister’s oldest son had heart surgery and spent a lot of time going back and forth between hospital and home.
July:
We spent most of the month in panic mode trying to get the landlord to call us back so we could get him to tell us what was going on.
Sister’s son spent about a month at the hospital, so I was still going back and forth.
Landlord finally called us at the end of the month; we met and decided we had to move.
So for the rest of the month we looked for a house to buy. Found one!!! But wait you have to wait almost TWO weeks to find out that the bank did not accept the offer. Which brings us to?
August:
Offer on house denied. So we had to find a place to live before the 15th. (Found out on the 4th) We did find a house and moved on the 15th, but on the 13th the same sister that was at the hospital June and July was back at the hospital with her youngest son who was found drowning in the family pool. So for the Month of August was unpacking and going back and forth between the hospital and home. And a LOT of prayer.
September:
I was still going back and forth between hospital and home, unpacking and sending my kids off to school for the first time in 4 years. Little nephew, thanks to MANY prayers went home after 32 days. Oh Yeah! Super Dad wrecked his car.
October:
Is it really October? The kids have been in school for a little over a month and my sister has been home for a little over three weeks. You would think life would be bliss right now right? Nope, did I mention I am also the caregiver to my mother in-law? That has brought a lot of issue in our lives this month.
WoW! What a year and it is not even over. So you are probably wondering why I am posting all of this and why I am whining so much. Exactly…I wanted to get it all out and
Start to find the HAPPINESS in MY FOREVER FAMILY.
Even though this has been an EXTREMLEY HARD year, I have seen some amazing things happen.
1. January: Even though I want to cry every time I think about one more class. I have a greater appreciation for the dedication my Super Hubby has for his education and to his son’s to teach them how important it is to finish something.
2. February: The house we moved into allowed us to have space and we met many new friends.
3. March: After my surgery it was hard and I ended up getting an infection, but we have a clearer picture for what we need to do for the future.
4. April: Hey we celebrated my birthday and our 18th anniversary. We celebrated them by taking each boy out individually. It gave us time to talk to each one of them and see a little bit of personality, when it was just Mom and Dad (Need I say more?)
5. May: Like I said I went to a cabin with my mother in-law. It was very rustic, but it was nice to get to know my mother in-law a little better.
6. June: I was able to help my little sister and get to know her and her son better. (They live two hours away.) B gives good Hugs and Kisses! We had a visit from my Father In-laws younger brother. That was a special visit, because my father in-law passed away two years ago.
7. July: Einstein was able to do a lot of fun stuff. Football camp, youth conferences, dances, hiking, camping. We were able to watch, a dear friends 5 kids. We had a lot of fun. 8 kids… Mom how did you do it?
8. August: I was able to be there for my little sister and her son... I watched many people’s faith grow as we prayed for my little nephew. And Moved into an amazing house and have amazing landlords. We are blessed!
9. September: I witnessed a modern day miracle; my little nephew went from one day existing as an infant to the next day fighting with determination to learn all he had known before the accident.
10. October: My sister is home with her family, ALL of them. My house is unpacked. (Still have the garage, but I am not fighting the boxes.)
So here am I still struggling to get through the day, but I look around me and am very thankful for the many blessings I do have.
To My Family and Friends,
Thank you for blessing me by being in my life.
Love, Brighteyes
1 comment:
Tina! welcome to the blogging world. I love reading about your year! The new house is awesome!
I look forward to seeing you soon!
Post a Comment